Monday, April 3, 2017

Day Two and I Don't Feel Crowded


OK folks, it's been two days since we started our full-time RV life. We are currently at Palmetto State Park in Gonzales, TX. I've never been here and was impressed. As we drove in, I mentioned to Joseph that it seemed like we weren't in Texas anymore. Everything was so lush and green. Palmettos live everywhere (obviously) but it has the look and feel of a swamp (but in a good way ๐Ÿ˜). Joseph later told me it is the western most swamp in Texas. The kind of landscape you normally see in Louisiana.

Our RV spot is super shaded, which I love . I'm not a sun-loving type person. I think I have the opposite of Seasonal Affective Disorder. I have Seasonal Defective Disorder. Winter makes me happy.


                             If I never spend another summer in Texas, I will be a happy person.

I really enjoy putting goofy photos and GIFs in my blog posts, if you have caught on yet. 
Back to it. Ok, so it's been two days. So far, I don't feel crowded (which was a concern). Joseph and I are very organized and on the same page as far as that goes. That's one reason I know I could not do this with anyone else. Living in such a small space really requires staying organized. Everything has its place and staying on top of things will be the key to not going insane. Some would say I have a touch of the OCD  (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder).

But I like to think I'm just extremely organized. RV life requires organization for sanity. It is true, I do not like things out of place, I admit it. OCD definitely pays off in an RV.

When we first started researching what RV would work for us we thought about going smaller 
to be more environmentally friendly and get better gas mileage, but I'm so glad we didn't. Of course, we would love to have those things, but the more we searched, the more we had to make compromises. A lot of the things we would have loved were just not in our budget. You have to know your budget and stick to it. If I had left it to Joseph he would have spent twice our budget and we would have to work even more to maintain this lifestyle. That, to me, would defeat the purpose. I want to enjoy this time and not have to be constantly searching for work. I need a good buffer financially to feel comfortable. So after 12 years together I am the keeper of all things financial. It works for us .

A must-have for me was a full bathroom. This is totally TMI (Too Much Information) having IBS-D (irritable bowel syndrome) I had to have a bathroom.
I want to address this because people that deal with IBS tend not to talk about it. It can affect your daily life. If your stomach is upset due to IBS, you do not want to leave the house. It's just not safe.
 No comprising on a bathroom for me. 

As far as drawbacks of owning Loretta  goes, my only complaint is the AC is loud. Forget having it on and trying to watch TV. Luckily we don't watch much TV. 

Day two was all about taking care of some errands, naps, a bout of IBS, and blogging. 

Thanks for reading till the end. 




No comments:

Post a Comment